Sunday, February 21, 2010

Something Blue...

So one of the unofficial themes of the wedding is "something blue." We're getting married in October so I've fought with myself over the color scheme for months! When I think of a fall wedding I immediately think of those traditional fall colors: burnt oranges, browns, deep reds, etc... While those colors are beautiful and part of the reason the autumn landscape is my favorite, those are just not my favorite colors. Stephen and I constantly playfully argue over future bedding choices and home decor because he loves warm colors, the rich reds and browns (which is ironic considering how much he sweats and hates the heat), whereas I on the otherhand, love, love, love, blues and greens and browns. So while I entertained the idea of a traditional "fall" wedding I ultimately decided to go with my gut and incorporate mostly blues, browns and some green in the decor. I went ahead and made an inspiration board to see what my theme would look like. I must say, I'm pretty pleased with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment