Friday, August 13, 2010

True Confession Thursday (again on a Friday :))

My feet HURT and... gulp... I have officially worn support hose (eek)!!!!

I've been at this new internship at a local hospital for just two weeks now and my feet are killing me!! My clinical instructor told me to wear comfortable shoes but this is just crazy. I thought I could get by on wearing my tennis shoes which really aren't that old or worn out...um WRONG!

So of course I told my mom and we just HAD to go shoe shopping to get something more suitable for my toesies (especially my little toe on the left foot). We went to a scrubs/uniform store where we had recently bought new super cool (if there is such a thing) scrubs. I ended up picking out a pair of black "nurse" shoes that came highly recommended by the sales lady and a pair of support hose since my calves have been killing me recently.
My new kicks ;)

And on Monday I put on my gear complete with the new shoes and the support hose and made my trek into work. I don't know why I thought I could wear a brand new pair of shoes for 9 hours straight with no break at all because now my feet hurt even more and have blisters! Literally today everytime I was alone with a co-worker (not as creepy as I just made that sound) all I could think about is how they can stand for 9 hours with their feet not hurting, they must have super feet or something.

Anyway I'm jealous of my co-worker's feet and the fact that they don't have to wear support hose. I'm glad it's the weakend so I can let my feet relax and we'll try this again on Monday.

On a completely differenct note, Stephen's brother is coming into town from Germany tomorrow. I haven't seen him in two years since he allowed Stephen and I to stay with him and his partner for 3 weeks while we were touring Europe. He's staying for 3 weeks and it should be a good time. We're all excited!

Randy (Stephen's big bro), Me and Stephen in Trier in the summer of 2008.

Everyone enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment