Monday, March 29, 2010

How was your weekend?

Stephen and I had a very relaxing weekend in Louisville. Stephen received an invitation for an art show opening for Friday night, in the mail on Friday afternoon! The show was for one of our favorite professors and the organizer for all the Guatemala trips we've been on, so of course we made time for it. The show was at the Pyro Gallery on W. Main and it was with two other artists. Stephen and I enjoyed browsing through all of Bob's work and admiring the work of artists we had not seen before.

After the gallery we walked a block or so down to Sol Aztecas, where Stephen enjoyed a margarita (salt, no straw) and I ordered my customized fav: carne asada tacos with cilantro, lime wedges and pico...delish! After dinner we began walking back to the truck and I noticed the beautiful blue sky peeking through the windows of the facades of several old buildings that had been gutted. I had always thought they were beautiful, so I took a picture.

On Saturday night, Stephen and I met up with several friends that we had went to Guatemala with the first time at yet again another Mexican restaurant (I think we both have an addiction :) It was great to catch up with everyone and see how things are going two years later.

After dinner we were going to go to another Guatie's (that short for "Friend that I went to Guatemala with") CD release party (The Highlight Reel)...but Stephen and I are old fogies, we were pooped and ended up spending the rest of the night in watching movies-sorry Jimmy ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment