Monday, March 1, 2010

An iphone...again!

So back in 2005 I got my first real, cool, bonefied, not stock cell phone-a blackberry pearl and I was in love. I thought I was cool stuff alright-I finally had a phone that was different than my mom's! Of course, back then you didn't have to buy the monthly data plan so I had all the cool looks of a blackberry without the added financial costs or hassle of the add-ons. After all, what does a high school student need with a cell phone designed for a busy professional? Anywho, thanks to my brother who always has to have the latest technology, I've been the proud owner of both a hand-me-down iphone and a blackberry bold (not too bad if I do say so myself).

My first "cool phone" I swear, if it came with the 3G network it would've been
my first choice, I love how compact it is; it fits just about anywhere
and gets in the way of nothing. I also loved the small keyboard. It made texting a
breeze. In no time I had memorized the buttons and I didn't have
to look at the keyboard at all to text-sooo convenient!


So while not having to pay for the phones my brother was letting me borrow, it was frustrating dealing with phones who had had previous owner, that were older and had seen better days. So today Stephen took me to the at&t store and got me an iphone 3G (I know the 4G is coming out in June but I couldn't take my malfunctioning bold much longer!) a hard case and a car charger! This last purchase was the end of what Stephen had declared "Surprise Weekend '10" which had consumed this past weekend. Anyway, I've been fidling with the iphone all night and I have to say it is so much more fun than a blackberry but I think the blackberry is a better phone phone. Aside from actually verbally talking with someone, the iphone rocks, and I am happy :)

I guess because my time with my brothers 1st generation iphone didn't last very long I don't really have anything to compare the 3G with. However, I do notice the faster speed which is a give-in. I just hope I get reception at school. It's really no fun to have to walk outside in winter weather just to text or make a phone call. I guess we'll find out next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment