Thursday, April 8, 2010

Don't you Hate it When...

...You can't save a lost pup :(

I was driving home today and came across this pitifully, sad looking dog standing in the middle of the street. I stopped my car and hopped out, palm down, kneeling, trying to get the little guy to head my way because I could see that he a collar on. He didn't run but wouldn't really come to me.

I started walking away, so I got in my car and followed him until he stopped, I hopped out again and approached him, this time he came right over and let me pet him, I looked at his tags to see if he was from around here. The tags said he was from TN!! I immediately went back to my car to get my cell phone to try and call the owners but when I got back to him, we wouldn't come near me. I tried to get his attention, but he wondered into the woods...

But then I think about what I would've done had I got a hold of his owners...in TN?!? Or if I hadn't, I know I wouldn't have left the dog-oh too much to think about.

Geez, I hate that, poor guy. Anyone else have similar stories, or ones that ended with good news?

No comments:

Post a Comment