Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hoppy Easter Readers!

Stephen and I started Easter Sunday at his parent's house with tons of friends and good company for a delicious Easter breakfast/brunch. I love catching up with his family friends because I feel so close with them. And it's always fun when they bring up wedding planning stuff!! We enjoyed delicious ham, an egg casserole topped with asparagus (yummy!), a beautiful fruit salad, a Paula Dean inspired french toast casserole (in the words of Stephen's brother, "Diabetes, anyone?") and a yummy strawberry, shortcake and blueberry trifle!! Absolutely delish!

Stephen in his gorgeous sweater and button-up shirt (that he picked out all on his own!)

After spending the morning with Stephen's family, we made our way to my aunt's house for my Easter celebrations with my side of the family for a late lunch. We have lots of little ones running around so we spent a lot of time hiding and hunting the not-so-coveted Easter eggs (apparently hiding 200 eggs for 9 children isn't a great idea, who would've thought kids would get tired of hunting eggs?)We still had a great time. My aunt has a trampolene and we definelty take advantage of that whenever we are over there!
Meet my brother, Garrett, he and I dominated that trampolene...well that is until our younger cousin came out and um, shall we say kicked our butts doing flips and crazy dancer moves we could only dream about...such a great afternoon.

After all the Easter festivities, Stphen and I retreated back to his place and played catch for a while so we could enjoy the beautiful weather.

We topped off the night with a pitcher of margaritas and some yummy mexican food to watch the opening game of baseball season: Stephens favorite, the Yankees against, dun dun dun the Red Sox (boooooooo). It was a great Sunday and I couldn't have asked for anything more!

No comments:

Post a Comment