Thursday, May 13, 2010

Going Coastal

Exciting news... Mr. Chicken Butt is getting an apartment and like any self-respecting fiance...I'm decorating it!!!

So after being on the beach for a while and spending another week on the beach in about 2 weeks I've decided that his apartment will have a understated beachy/coastal theme (not to mention it will already match the great furniture we've acquired from friends that moved to Alaska and couldn't take it with them).

These are the colors pretty much of the oversized chair we have and the couch is a blue jean color and material.

I've been hunting down all the not-so-tacky-touristy shops here and have found this one store in particular that seems to carry nicer home decor and I'm excited about picking some of it up.

I love the look of these weathered picture frames, I think a couple of them scattered wouldn't be too overwhelming.


I also loves these decor balls with shells, I love how in this pic they combined the balls with the star fish. (And I actually found this pic on a blog That's so Cuegly (just ugly enough to be cute). Check it out, she's got a lot of home-made decor ideas and I love, love, love these decor balls and might just have to make some myself!

I'm excited to get shopping and I'd love some more ideas about decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment