Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Thank God It's...Tuesday?

There's nothing better than some unexpected fun, good food and quality girl time right in the middle of the week. Tonight I went to dinner at TGIF's with some great girls from class and another friend. All of us from class were engaged and there was definetly no shortage of wedding talk since the last to be engaged was just engaged not even a month ago! All the talk about wedding stuff got me thinking about my own wedding planning and how I've kind of fallen off the bandwagon.

It's weird but I've seemed to have lost some steam when it comes to planning... but I'm telling myself that it's normal because my wedding is not for 17 months and that I've got plenty of time to get wrapped up in the planning. Besides I've alreading got some big things out of the way:

The venue:

A great industrial space full of artists studios that was once a meatpacking plant. I know it seems kinda weird, but it's a great space and has lots of character and history.

The photographer:


The decorations:

The space is huge and has a great brick floor with exposed piping in the ceiling...perfect for hanging strands of lights and paper lanterns to create a beautiful and romantic glow.

The center pieces:

I think we've decided on a 3-piece center piece to include a glass cylinder, candles and hydrangeas.

The cake:

I'm pretty sure we're going to do cupcakes with a small tier of cake so Stephen and I can cut it. We found this amazing cupcake shop, and in comparison to other cupcake shops in the area (well really there are only two cupcake shops we know of)...well there really is no comparison. These are the best.

Whew, so now all I need is
  • caterer
  • officiant 
  • dress, bridesmaid dresses, tuxes
  • flowers
  • linens 
  • honeymoon
Hmmm... maybe I should get on this stuff!

Wish me luck and I welcome any ideas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment