Thursday, May 20, 2010

Time off? Yes Please!

So, I absolutely LOVE having time off from school stuff, in the spring, for Christmas vacation, you name it, and I relish that time like no other! From my other posts you can tell that I love to read and that I've started reading some on this four week break I've had between the end of the semester and the beginning of internships. However, in addition to reading, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE scrapbooking and I love having the time to sit down and be creative as scrapbooking is one of my only creative outlets! 

Anyway, I thought I'd share some of my favorite pages with you that I've created for the scrapbook I'm doing of me and Stephen (see my 101 in 1001 under "I want to be creative").

I apologize in advance for the poor photo quality as these were taken on a whim with my iphone and I didn't even take them out of the page protectors! (oops). I hope you enjoy.

This first one was inspired actually by Stephen; I initially wasn't going to scrapbook it but he insisted because it was one of my favorite places in the Peace Garden in Bitch, France where we visited in the summer of 2008.


The next two are part of a double page spread from the second time Stephen and I went to Guatemala.



I had a lot of fun with this page; I love the colors and the content inspired by a trip to a random sculpture park in St. Louis during the summer of 2009.



This next one is one of my favs because it actually tells a story: How we chose, chopped and took home our Christmas trees in 2009.

I was inspired by the crazy background paper I found for this page. I love the colors I worked with and the content was great. This page is part of a double page spread illustrating New Years Eve 2009/2010 a.k.a Stephen's Dad's birthday, a.k.a the night we got engaged!


This is the most recent page I've completed. I got some new spring paper and was excited to get creative with it. 

I love having free time! What does everyone else like to do in their free time?


No comments:

Post a Comment