Sunday, July 25, 2010

3-D...Are you with me?

Yesterday Stephen and I went and saw Despicable Me in 3-D. Stephen and I are suckers for animated films these days (love how they have subject matter that is above kid's heads so it makes it entertaining for adults as well, but they also always have a great story). Anyway, while this was not our first animated film in theaters as adults, it was our first experience with the mainstream theater 3-D film.

-Image courtesy of Google search "Despicable Me"-

Since the 3-D option became available I've always been hesitant. But I must say that our first experience was a great one. I really enjoyed the film and the 3-D element, I think, added to it. There was one scene in particular that was especially interesting with the 3-D; this was one with a roller coaster and it really felt like you were riding a coaster.

The 3-D coaster ride got me excited and thinking about the upcoming Kentucky State Fair! It's funny but up until I met Stephen I really hadn't been to the fair in literally years. But Stephen's family loves the fair and they've helped me to find a new love of the fair. Thinking about the fair got me thinking about yummy fair food. These are the foods I'm looking forward to (and thank goodness their only available once a year otherwise I'd be spending a lot more time in the gym :)):
  • Corn dogs
  • German roasted nuts
  • Grater Taters
-Images courtesy of Google Images searched under the names of the foods- 

Yummy! My mouth is salivating just thinking about it. Anyone have some favorite fair foods?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment