Sunday, July 25, 2010

Impossible!

"Impossible...for a plain yellow pumpkin to become a golden carriage!"

For some reason for the past several weeks I've had these lyrics to my favorite song from Roger's and Hammerstein's Cinderella featuring Brandy, Whitney Houston and Whoopi. I've been singing it so much that Stephen will sometimes randomly shout out, "Impossible!" and I finish with the rest of the line. I must say it's become quite amusing and it's even funnier when Stephen says, "Hey babe, what's 'impossible'?" and I don't get the reference and pause for a bit until it hits me, then of course I finish the lyrics.


So anyway Stephen netflixed it a we got a copy. I was super-pumped to watch it and have Stephen finally see it. Well, lets just say it wasn't what I remember and I have to say that's become a common thing recently. You know, where you have a favorite childhood movie that you have all these great memories from and you somehow manage to get your hands on them again and after watching it, realize, that um, yeah, there's a reason why they're "children's" movies.

I've had this let down with several films including:







So I think I may hold off on watching them until I have children and then hopefully I can share the wonder of the movies with the preferred audience! Anybody have the same experience?

-All images courtesy of Google Images searched under the title of the movie; view the original sources by clicking on the link of the title of the movie-

No comments:

Post a Comment