Sunday, December 19, 2010

Home-made Christmas

As this is mine and Stephen's first Christmas together in our new place we had the joy of decorating the place to our liking. (See this previous blog post about Christmas family traditions).

Of course we were lacking in the ornament department. We ended up taking the yearly ornaments each of our mother's had gotten for us. We loved that the yearly Christmas ornament tradition was something that both of our families shared. So in theory, that's already 48 ornaments (24 for him and 24 for me) and we've received a few acknowledging our first Christmas together, so we weren't doing to bad. But me, being the crafty, wanna-be, that I am, had to make a few to stick up on our tree.


I love the inconsistencies and the imperfections in the ornaments. I didn't dwell on trying to make them perfect, I just went with what I liked and enjoyed spending time with my mom as she made a few for her tree as well.


In total, I made about 8 or so and they really added to our tree and I love that they have a story behind them and will hopefully adorn our tree for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment