Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Hunting we will Go!

On Sunday, Stephen and I joined his parents, their goddaughter and her parents for a joyous afternoon spent at a local orchard and winery picking out Christmas trees and just enjoying the place in general. First off can I say it was C-O-L-D! Oh my goodness, it was freezing, this past weekend was oober cold and I was definitely not prepared.
Stephen's Dad, mom and himself waiting for the tractor to take us to cut our tree!

Anyway, almost as soon as we got up there we ran into this jolly old man:

It's mine and Stephen's first picture with St. Nick ever!

I kept running back and forth from outside to the winery and the market (enjoying some warm cider) trying to keep my nose from freezing off. Stephen's mom is from Iowa and Stephen apparently got the cold gene because he and his mother were right at home in the snowy weather.

 Aboard the tractor to go cut our tree!

Prior to boarding the tractor we had to figure out what kind of tree we wanted, ultimately we decided on the Norwegian Spruce.


 We spent very little time picking out the one we wanted, I think everyone was ready to head back to the winery and restaurant for something to warm us up!

Stephen and his mom and dad finally found a winner that everyone could agree on:


Unfortunately Stephen's brother couldn't join us this year so Stephen was stuck on the ground sawing the tree all by himself (I think he secretly enjoyed it!)


After we, well, Stephen, cut the tree we drug it up to the dirt/mud road to wait for the tractor. We spent the rest of the afternoon sharing bottles of wine and eating gobs of yummy cheese then headed over to the restaurant for some fried chicken, ham, chicken and dumplings, green beans, corn and apple butter sweet rolls yum yum yum!!!!

We spent the rest of the evening decorating the tree (of course I forgot to take pictures of the final product). I love this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment