Saturday, December 18, 2010

How 'Lush'-ious

I just wanna say: T minus ONE WEEK until Christmas!!! Can you believe it?!

This post is dedicated to a new-to-me line of bath and body products my soon to be mother-in-law helped me to discover! Has anyone ever heard of "Lush?" Lush is a brand that prides itself on creating fresh, handmade cosmetics using fair trade ingredients.

My mother-in-law received a bath bomb and a body wash as a gift from one of her student's mom. She showed them to me and I was immediately intrigued and discovered that there are in fact several stores in the area.

 The store's large collection of scrumptious bath bombs!

 The company itself is based out of England with it's North American headquarters in Canada and several stores in the good ole U.S. of A! I've noticed that in my area they are often found in Macy's department stores. You can use their store locator on the website here.

How excited was I when I found out that Stephen's brother conveniently sent us a gift card to where else but Macy's!!!! So of course, when I had the first opportunity, I headed over to my local Macy's to check this out. I have to say I was very impressed with the set up of the little shop, they had great displays showcasing their product and their mission to be environmentally friendly (considering hardly any of their products are packaged). Everything smells amazing and natural and it just makes you want to go home and draw a nice hot bath.

 Their collection of bubbly bath bars!

I probably spent 30 minutes looking around and talking with the consultants who were very helpful and passionate about the products they were selling. They also promote sample sizes of their products so you can trial what you are buying.

There is a minor catch, and I'm not sure if you could even call it that, but this stuff is slightly expensive. But I think the added cost of knowing that your products are fresh, handmade, the ingredients are fair-traded and a large percentage are actually vegan is worth it!

My first purchases consisted of:

1. The "Twilight" bath bomb (described as a "creamy crepuscular fizzer.")  $4.95
2. The "You've Been Mangoed" mango flavored bath melt $5.95
3. The "Ultimate Shine"' solid shampoo bar $9.95

I know what you're thinking $10 for a shampoo bar? I thought the same thing but the catalog and the consultants claim that one solid bar was the equivalent of 3 bottles of shampoo. So really, it's not a bad deal at all.

I haven't used the bath bomb or the bath melt yet just because I haven't enjoyed a nice soak yet, BUT I did use the shampoo bar this morning....WOW, I've never experienced such a rich lather and it made my hair super shiny and soft. You're supposed to keep it in a cool dry place in order to maximize it's life span, so I went to my local HomeGoods store and bought a mini-bakeware dish and placed it just outside my shower so it's within easy reach but not getting soaked 24/7.


I'm really enjoying these products and they're making me want a nice large, jacuzzi tub.....ahhhh just thinking about it relaxes every muscle in my body.

Anyway, if you haven't you should check these products out, they have everything for beauty and bath (way to much to even try to mention here).

P.S. they would make GREAT Christmas gifts (you're welcome! lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment